1. Keep our students, families, staff, and teachers healthy and safe
2. Continue to deliver the same high-quality music instruction both online and in-person
We are returning to in-person lessons in three phases:
Phase 1: July 5th
A select number of instructors will be offering both in-person and online lessons starting this summer.
Phase 2: August 30th
The majority of our teachers will be offering both in-person and online lessons starting in the new school year.
Phase 3: ???
Some teachers will be returning to in-person lessons when they are able to do so.
COVID Safety Rules To Follow
Things may be getting better but we still have to be extremely careful to ensure everyone's safety. If you're returning to in-person lessons you will be expected to follow these rules at all times:
1. Stay home if you are feeling sick or experiencing covid symptoms. You may take an online lesson instead with at least 30-minute notice.
2. If CMH staff has reason to believe a student is sick when attending an in-person lesson, we will stop the lesson immediately
3. Masks must be worn indoors at all times
4. Pick-up and drop-off only. Except for first time students and students under the age of 7 years old.
5. Use hand sanitizer upon entry
6. Maintain a distance of at least 3 feet
NOTE: These rules are subject to change.
Steps We're Taking to Improve the Safety and Quality of Lessons
Here are just a few of the things we're doing right now to prepare for your safe return:
1. All in-person teachers and staff will be fully vaccinated
2. Ensure an adequate supply of PPE such as masks, gloves, sanitizer, and disinfectant wipes
3. Install HEPA Air Filters in all rooms and studios
4. Install windows in all studios
5. Daily cleaning routines performed by staff
6. Wipe down keyboards and other high-touch areas between lessons
7. Equipping all studios with high speed internet connections, professional quality audio interfaces, microphones, and webcams to deliver the best quality online lesson experience to students at home.